We are delighted to announce that we are now reopen.
We have been working very hard over the past few weeks ensuring the cottages will provide a safe and comfortable welcome for guests. We are proud to have already been awarded our industry accreditation from Visit England recognising our efforts. ‘We’re Good To Go’.
Covid 19- How we can best keep our guests and accommodation providers safe
Some changes have been essential to ensure the safe running of our cottages during this time, please see these detailed below. If you need further clarification or wish to discuss any of these changes please do contact Rachel.
What we are asking our guests to do:
- Please do not travel to our accomodation if any of your party are experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms or have tested positive we can discuss rearranging your stay to a later date.
- Arrival is after 5pm to enable us time to ensure the cottage is cleaned to the exceptional standard of which we are proud and as is essential during this global pandemic.
- Only guests from a maximum of two households are allowed in each cottage. The names and contact details of all guests must be provided prior to your stay (usually on your booking form).
- Entry and exit is via keys stored in the Key Safe beside the cottage front door. Code provided prior to check in.
- Please depart the cottage by 9.30am on the day of departure to enable full and thorough cleaning to take place.
- Please bag all rubbish and tie the top and dispose of in green or blue bins situated at the top of the track (beside Bog Mill signpost on A1068). Recycling should be tipped into the blue bin loose and empty bin bag disposed of in the green bin. General waste is placed straight into the green bin in it’s own securely tied bag. Glass bottles and jars should be washed and placed in the glass bin in same location.
- Please strip beds and place all linen, pillow and mattress protectors into the washing machine provided and close the door. The machine can be started on a 60 degree cotton wash cycle with detergent provided if confident to do so. Tumble dryer cycle is not required. Any additional bedding to be placed in a plastic bag beside the machine.
- It would be helpful if you could fill dishwasher with crockery and cutlery and switch on before departure on your final morning (as much as possible even if already clean). Please do not unstack this.
- Please open windows prior to departure and leave open.
- Antibacterial handwash is provided at every sink, we request frequent hand washing is carried out in line with government guidelines.
- Please respect social distancing rules at all times if in contact with any other guests staying at Bog Mill.
- Should you experience any COVID 19 symptoms during your stay please contact 111 for the appropriate medical advice and then inform Rachel immediately. Current guidelines advise you must travel directly home in such an instance.
Also should any member of your party fall ill in the 14 days after your holiday please also let us know.
What we are doing:
- Enhanced cleaning regimes following govenment guidelines.
- We have stripped back the interior decor of the cottages to enable the enhanced cleaning required at each changeover. (Don’t worry they are still as beautiful as ever!)
- The limited supply of books, games etc is there for your visit only. These will be removed after your visit and replaced with a fresh supply for the next guests. The fresh supply will have been stored contact free for a minimum of 72 hours.
- Cottage handbooks now all available online, they contain full information about your cottage’s facilities and appliance operating instructions.
- All bed linen provided has been washed and stored in line with current government guidelines. Towels are not currently provided although we do have an emergency supply available should this be required.
- Soft furnishings including cushions, bedspreads etc have been minimised and these are exchanged at every changeover with an alternate set. Sofas and rugs are steam cleaned at every changeover. I’d recommend bringing your slippers as all our floors are tiled and there are fewer rugs than usual.
- Cleaning staff complete changeovers in the advised PPE to prevent any contamination within the cottages from outside.